It's time to find a cure
Chances are you, or someone you know and love, has been touched by diabetes. Today, more than 3 million Canadians are living with diabetes and a further 6 million have prediabetes. In fact, this summer alone, more than 43,000 Canadians will be diagnosed with diabetes.
Lead the Diabetes Summer Surge in your community! Sign up now!
Create a fundraising event to support the Canadian Diabetes Association this summer. Set a personal goal and invite your friends to sponsor you, host a backyard barbeque, celebrate a milestone for a loved one, organize a hiking challenge or simply add the Diabetes Summer Surge to your summer plans. You'll raise awareness about diabetes, raise money for the Association, have fun and make this summer count!
Get started today!
- Think about how you can add the Surge to your summer. Click here for inspiration if you don't already have a summer event in mind.
- Sign up by creating an account and your personal event page.
- Set a stretch fundraising goal (we suggest a minimum of $250). Be a "Super Surger" by setting your target at $1,000 or higher. Click here for fundraising tips.
- Be the first to make a donation. Remember that the first donation sets the bar - so give generously and your family and friends will be inspired to do the same!
- Invite your family and friends and tell them why you joined the Diabetes Summer Surge. Ask them to support your event by making their donation online.
- Challenge others to start their own Diabetes Summer Surge event.
- Plan your event.
- Host your Diabetes Summer Surge event and have fun!
- Be sure to thank your family and friends. Download and print, or email a Diabetes Summer Surge thank you card. Click here (PDF) to view the card.
- Be eligible to win great prizes including two Air Canada tickets to anywhere in North America! Click here for more info.